The Philippine Payroll Software (Payroll PRO) is one of the pioneers in computerized payroll accounting in the Philippines. Released in 1999 by Mustard Seed Systems Corporation, it is now used by more than 4,000 companies nationwide. How do you get started with a computerized payroll like this? What should you do and why make the shift?
Ease of use of the payroll system
Computing payroll might be easy if you have a few employees but as the number of employees increases the difficulty of computing it on time, also increases. Payroll Pro lets you accurately set up your company, payroll, payroll categories, and staff information through its intuitive and user friendly setup guide.
As a business owner you should try to see payroll as a logical flow of information – from creating your company, setting up employee data, to pay slip issuance.
Payroll Pro Installation
Seting up Philippine Payroll is very easy. Start the application by navigating from Windows™ task bar. Click on Start / All Programs / Payroll Pro V11.0 / Payroll Pro V11.0. Choose Create from the main screen. As a new user you will be asked for your company name and details. You also have to setup your login details.
Setting up your Company for the Payroll System
The Philippine Payroll Software (Payroll Pro) lets you input details about your company. This is a one time process which will enable the system to function properly and integrate with other add-on systems.
Needed details are as follows:
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Telephone Numbers
- Foreign Currency – mark if you pay wages on currencies other than Philippine Peso
- 13th Month Prorate Flag – mark if you include, in the employee’s monthly deduction, the tax computed on the taxable portion of the 13th month. This can be used by companies who pay their 13th month in full even if it exceeds P82,000.00 so that the tax is spread through the entire year.
- No Ceiling – mark if no ceiling is placed for 13th month. By law, amounts exceeding P82,000.00 is already taxable.
- Minus Deduction from Negative Due – mark if you will not allow the system to proceed with the deductions even if salary due is negative.
- OT in Timesheet Should be Approved – to enable OT approval on Payroll Pro Timesheet
- Signatory – specify the names of people in charge of payroll preparation, approval, and notations.
- Crystal Pay slip Name – specify the default filename that Crystal Reports will use for pay slip printing.
- Payroll Journal Report Footer – default statement that will appear below your payroll journal report. This can be edited.
- Overtime Journal Report Footer – default statement that will appear on your overtime journal report. This can be edited.
- Timesheet should be created – the program will create a default timesheet which can be edited later.
- Use yearly calendar for timesheet computation – if you want to set a payroll calendar for the whole year. This is used if the company maintains different shifting schedules and if the employee keeps different shifting schedules within one pay period. For example, an employee has shift 7am to 4pm today then 8am to 5pm the following day, and 10pm to 6am on the third day.
- Leave in Days / Hours – mark if leave computation is either base on days or hours.
Our computerized payroll software is very flexible and provides you with the power to let you finally compute the salaries and wages of your employees with ease.
You can also populate the payroll software with your company’s payroll accounts per respective bank. This is for companies with bank arrangements. In cases where your bank is not available on the options provided, provide Mustard Seed Systems Corporation with your bank’s system format.
Payroll Pro also allows you to setup your employer contribution for various government agencies by simply accomplishing the setup process during installation:
- Social Security ID
- Registered Social Security Name
- Social Security Initial
- Social Security Document Number
- Employer Location Code (base on SSS requirements)
- PHILHEALTH ID
- PAG-IBIG ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Branch Code