Interview questions are asked not just to gauge how clever you are, but to test how sensible and adaptable you are to a given situation. Some employers; even business owners, ask the silliest, strangest, even the hardest questions just to how mentally tough you are. Interview questions answered wrongfully can blow a person’s chances of being hired for his dream job.
Job interview questions are tricky – sometimes they sound easy, way too easy, but in reality they’re not. When you think something is hard to answer, it turns out you only need honest and precise opinion to pass with flying colors. Getting past the hiring process is without a doubt one of the harder phases that an employee must go through before he lands his post.
In some cases, no matter how prepared you are, you still get caught off guard. The trick is to give yourself a few seconds to recollect your thoughts before you answer. We’ve gathered some mind boggling interview questions to help you prep for your work application. Try answering each one and see how you’ll fare.
- Would you prefer to earn or to learn?
- How would you be described by the person who least likes you?
- Was there ever a time you disobeyed your boss’ orders?
- What is one thing about yourself that you can’t change?
- What one thing scares you the most?
- Describe the worst boss you’ve ever had.
- Explain social media to a 90-year old lady.
- What’s your biggest weakness?
- If you could redo a past work experience, what would you change?
- What is our best product/service?
- Tell me about the biggest failure you’ve had at work.
- Tell me something about yourself that isn’t in your CV.
- What’s the biggest career risk you’ve done?
- How do you handle extremely stressful situations?
- Given the chance, what would you change about the company?
When you’re set for a job interview, expect the unexpected. Hard interview questions can be nerve-racking but what’s important is that you bounce back after a few seconds of dead air. The first answer that pops into your mind isn’t necessarily the right answer but it opens up your other options.